Guided Meditation – Weekly Sessions based on Kaivalya Upanishad
Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF) brings you Guided Meditation Series, online weekly sessions based on Kaivalya Upanishad with Pujya Swami Swaroopananda, Global Head of Chinmaya Mission. This online series will be conducted in English over twenty consecutive Saturdays from 19th September, 2020 to 30th January, 2021 at 09:00 to 10:00 AM CST | 3:00 to 4:00 PM BST | 7:30 to 8:30 PM IST (LIVE).
Kaivalya Upanishad is one of the famous Upanishads delineating the knowledge of the Reality with considerable emphasis on the methodology of meditation; both saakaara (with form) and niraakaara (formless). The Upanishad points out faith, devotion, and meditation as the means for realizing one’s identity with the Supreme. The Upanishadic wisdom is given as a dialogue between Lord Brahma, the teacher, and the Vedic sage Ashvalaayana, the student. The Upanishad’s approach is direct and endearing.
Meditation is the effortless abidance in the Self. The efforts undertaken to gain this abidance also go by the name meditation. In this Guided Meditation Series, Pujya Swami Swaroopananda will share with seekers the preparatory steps as well as the actual process of meditation that will take the seekers into the realms of effortless abidance. Meditation is one of the most important spiritual practices and the doorway to the Supreme. Modern science is slowly discovering its value in the overall physical and mental health too. It is the most powerful technique to change one’s perspective towards life enabling a positive outlook and is a sure remedy for the stress and anxiety of daily life.
- Rare blessing to learn the art of meditation from Pujya Swami Swaroopananda, Global Head of Chinmaya Mission
- The session series focuses on learning meditation through the most authentic source, the Upanishads and specifically, the Kaivalya Upanishad.
- Offers guided contemplation exercises for inner transformation
- Each study class includes discourse (30 min), guided meditation (15 min) and Q&A (15 min).
- Language of communication: English
- Time: Every Saturday at 9:00 to 10:00 AM CST | 3:00 to 4:00 PM BST | 7:30 to 8:30 PM IST (LIVE).
- Starting date: 19th September, 2020 (Saturday). Ending date: 30th January, 2021 (Saturday).
- Videos will be available for viewing to all registered participants till February 2021.